One-Yard Wonders projects

Monday, September 29, 2014

Rainy Day at the Minneapolis Airport

Good Monday morning -- reporting to you live from the Minneapolis Airport. It's a rainy, gloomy day out there. We have a three-hour layover until heading to Washington DC, and then a 3-hour drive to our client meeting in Pennsylvania. Going to be a loonnnnggg day of travel.

Back home, Shawn is taking the day off to stay home with poor little Violet who has been sick all weekend with some kind of stomach bug and high fever. They should be at the doctor's office waiting room now for her 10 a.m. appointment. She was up at 4:45 today with a fever of 104... Hated to leave her but it's tough to get out of work business trips at the last minute. I left in a taxi at 6:30 for the airport and she was down to 101 and happily watching Curious George. Hopefully she'll get over this soon.

Needless to say, we didn't get to work on the house or put the "for sale" sign in the yard today as we'd planned. Bummer. But there's always next weekend!

I've also been to Fargo, ND, and back since we last talked. This is my third visit to the Minneapolis airport in five days. Fortunately, the chaos in Chicago on Friday did not screw up any of my travel plans. I arrived on-time in Des Moines Friday night at 7, and walked outside just as Shawn and the kids were pulling up to curbside pickup to get me.

Shawn surprised us all and took us for a sunset walk at the Sculpture Park downtown. It was so nice to get out and walk in the beautiful weather -- the mosquitoes were doing their best to eat me alive, but I still enjoyed it very much.

Here are a few pics from my travels. More to come from the East Coast. Happy Monday!

Sculpture Park at Dusk

Sunset in Des Moines

Little Vi, Big Shawn

Violet and her daddy

Mazy

King of the Hill

All four of them -- my favorite people in the world

ABC Guy, as we like to call him

Downtown Minneapolis from the plane

Hello Fargo

No comments:

Post a Comment