One-Yard Wonders projects

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Hello from the Beltway

It's midnight in Washington DC and I really should get to bed so I will make this quick.

Driving in DC sucks. I'm so glad I was in the passenger seat and not the driver... Yesterday we landed at 4:30 p.m., and departed the city at 5 with approximately 3.23 million other cars trying to leave Washington DC. Traffic was terrible.... We had a 2.5-hour drive to Shippensburg, Pennsylvania. By the time we stopped to eat and buy supplies for the client meeting, we didn't get to the hotel until 9 or so.

Today we had an all-day client meeting, and then at 5 p.m., my co-worker Patrick and I left Pennsylvania and headed back to DC. We assumed driving into DC at 7 p.m. would be a breeze compared to the day before.

Boy were we wrong. Traffic was just as bad as it was the day before, but we were going the opposite direction! How can that be? It was bumper to bumper the last 45 minutes. But we had vowed that we were going sightseeing no matter what, so at 7:30 we set off on a whirlwind tour of some of the monuments. It was so much fun. I will fill you in tomorrow.

7 p.m. traffic driving INTO Washington DC....

Beautiful sunset over Pennsylvania farm country

The great Appalachian Mountains

A cool bridge

Jefferson Memorial 

View of the Washington Monument from the plane window

Back home tomorrow and then done with travel. In fact, I just have a week of work, and then a week of vacation with the boys!!! Wheeehhoooo! 

If my husband reads this, I just want to publicly thank him for all the extra work he's put in the past week. He's taken care of a sick Violet all this week. He's gotten them all dressed, fed and to school on time. He's picked them up from school, fed them and entertained them. He's been just great. Thanks, Babe.

And while I'm at it, thanks to my mom for driving to our house today to stay with sweet Violet. I hear she even cleaned it up! Woohoooo! And she's coming back tomorrow to watch Violet until my plane lands at 1 and I can take over. Thanks, Mom.

Have a great Wednesday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment