One-Yard Wonders projects

Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day and an EF2 Tornado!

Why haven't I been blogging lately? It's a question I have asked myself many times during the past three months.

Yes, life with three children is busy. But I have had three children for two years now and I was blogging more frequently when Violet was born than I am now... So that's not it.

Yes, life got busier when the garage burned down and we had all of that extra work to do. But that's kind of tapered off and I have more time for blogging if I wanted to do it.

So what is it? Well, I think I've figured it out. I have a new job and ever since I've started it, I just haven't been blogging as much. And that's because I LOVE my new job and I am seriously happy and fulfilled at it. And it's been a long time since I've been really content with all areas of my life. I'm always content with my personal life -- just look at my studly husband and adorable children. What's not to make me happy?  ;)

But when I was at a job that was ultra stressful and chaotic and lots of pressure and strain, I think I blogged about my happy personal life all the time to make up for my miserable work life. Kind of like, "I'll just talk about everything that's good so I don't have to admit how bad the work life is."

Now everything is hunky dory and I just don't have the desire to blog as much.

So that was a long way of explaining why I've been quiet for a month, but there you have it.

Now on with the show. We had a fantastic Mother's Day weekend. We spent Saturday at the farm with all of my family. It sprinkled on us a few times but for the most part, it was a beautiful, windy spring day. We got lots of outside time and lots of good pictures. Here are a few of my favorites:




My awesome mom Katy

Sunday was supposed to be the kickoff to Mazy's soccer season and to Bo's baseball season but thunderstorms caused cancellations for both. It was kind of nice to get our afternoon back so we took advantage of it. I made beef broth that simmered all day long, put away laundry, cleaned up the upstairs, went to Menard's to price garage building materials and then to Target for a few groceries. We decided to have Menchie's frozen yogurt build-your-own sundaes for supper -- the kids, of course, loved that idea. And so did I. 

Sunday night was more severe weather that turned into an EF2 tornado that hit Lake Panorama! I could be wrong, but I think that's the only tornado touchdown in Panora in recent history. I know there haven't been any in my lifetime. 

And that's the weekend update. 

Got the kids' pictures taken last weekend. I went to Minneapolis for a conference for three days. I found a guy to replace the siding on the north side of the house -- he'll do that in a week or two, whenever the replacement siding arrives. I'm emailing two guys tonight to see if they could build the garage. We've planted quite a few things in the yard -- a new lilac bush, a butterfly garden, a salsa garden, four flower containers and have a small veggie garden to go. 

Well, that's it for now. Need to pay some online bills, write a quick blog post for work and practice a client presentation I'm giving tomorrow. See you everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment