One-Yard Wonders projects

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Fast 30-Day Recap of Our Lives

Well, well, well, where have I been? I don't know if I've ever taken that long of a break from blogging. Things have been normal, which means hectic and crazy.

Since I've last written, I've: turned 38, received lots of great birthday presents, complained about the winter about 143 times, attended a culminating event about "ice" for Mazy's third-grade class, taken the kids to an inflatable place called Monkey Joe's and agreed we would never make that mistake again, begun planning Violet's 2nd birthday party, cooked a lot of homemade meals, inventoried 216 items so far on the garage fire inventory, met with a carpenter about rebuilding the garage, met with a guy who sells metal garages, talked to the DSM police department about our alley issues, talked to the insurance company (six times), talked to the mortgage company, talked to two home security companies, attended the Gigi's Playhouse Gala with Shawn in our super awesome outfits, led a team to first place for "most unique" chili at my employer's annual chili cook-off, made plans for the boys' spring break next week, talked to my grandma tonight about how to make dandelion greens, learned how to prepare and cook celery root, talked about Downton Abbey with several coworkers, and many, many other things.

My friend Kortney had a baby boy named Barrett! Congratulations again, Kortney! We celebrated my mom's birthday at the farm last night. We're looking forward to seeing my Aunt Cindy from Mississippi next week. We've been to Friday night dinner at my Aunt Sherie's two or three times and had a blast every time. I had dinner with my dear friends Jane and Sharyl. I've talked to my sister by phone nearly every other day.

I've read several books and just started, "I, Elizabeth." We watched the Olympics. We've watched Violet lose interest in Curious George and become enamored with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. We've applauded Bo as he's had several good weeks at school. Hooray! I've laughed at several very witty, grownup jokes made by Mazy who is maturing much too fast.

Life has been good. Life has been busy. I'm ready for spring! Welcome back, everyone. I'll be around much more frequently.

No comments:

Post a Comment