One-Yard Wonders projects

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Icy Inventory and BBQ Dinner

It was cold today, especially if you happened to be outside without any gloves on, taking notes and shooting photos of burnt-up lumps of blackened plastic and charred wood like I was... Let me tell you -- that was a super fun way to spend a Sunday morning. :)

I have about 3-1/2 notebook pages of items for our fire claim inventory list. That's just the stuff on the sides of the garage -- tools, gardening stuff, kids' bikes and balls, the freezer and its contents, etc. The two big corners of the garage are still remaining. That's where the bulk of the household items are, and unfortunately, they're sort of frozen chunks right now that we can't pry apart to start cataloging. So we'll get the rest of it put in the computer spreadsheet and wait for the thaw later this week.

Violet, while being the cutest little helper on the planet, was not needed for today's exercise so she spent the day with Gamma Binda and Gampa Wayne, otherwise known as Shawn's parents. We picked her up around 5, and then drove to Ames for a delicious birthday dinner for me and Shawn with his parents at Hickory Park. It was crazy busy, as usual, but we were seated in about 10 minutes and got a big booth for all of us. It was fun. The boys were super well-behaved, and Miss Vi through a big fit before the food arrived but after that she was delightful as well.

I have enough ribs leftover for my lunch tomorrow, especially when I combine it with the broccoli/cauliflower salad Shawn's mom sent home for me! Yum!

More snow is due tonight, along with some ice. So far, no delays are being reported for school. We'll see what the morning brings.

Guess that's about it for us. It's my birthday week! And the big Gigi's Playhouse Gala is on Saturday night. I'm really looking forward to it. I have a fancy dress, Shawn will be in his suit, we're staying at the hotel that night. Fun! Frankly, we deserve a night out. Have a great week, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment