One-Yard Wonders projects

Friday, January 3, 2014

Throw Another Log on the Fire

If we had a fireplace, I would most definitely be chopping some wood for it this weekend. It's cold. And it's going to get colder. They're even talking about canceling school on Monday due to the cold -- now that's cold. We Iowans are a hardy bunch and we don't normally need to hide from the weather, but Monday's forecast is just brutal.

So our two days back at work and school were pretty good, for most of us... I found out today that Bo was sent to the principal's office yesterday for throwing a fit when recess was over, and that he repeated that behavior today though he didn't revisit the principal. And then he threw a big fit when I picked him up at school -- he threw his coat on the ground four times, refused to wear it, refused to get in the van and then, he called me and idiot and hit me on the back!

Well, that is unacceptable.

Very, very unacceptable. He was grounded immediately -- no shoe shopping this weekend like he'd been looking forward to, no movie night tonight like he was looking forward to, no supper tonight, no TV tonight, no nothing!

We did end up letting him eat some supper, but while the rest of us had Tasty Taco, he got an apple, peanut butter and a butter sandwich. And he had to go to bed BEFORE Violet, which he really hated.

He has a hard time getting back into routine. Oh Bo.

In other news, I am working on my resolutions. This week I sent a handwritten letter. Today I bought some super fun stationary at a local store. It cost a fortune but it's very pretty and I like to shop local when I can. I also got back on Weight Watchers. Oh, and I signed up for a weekly organic (and locally produced when available) fruit/vegetable delivery service. I'm so excited about it! It's not that expensive and they deliver it right to your door each Thursday. It cost about $35/week, which is what we easily spend on fruits/veggies each week. I think it will be a great way to help us plan meals. You can also order local meats, breads, snacks, etc. It's pretty cool.

And now, a few Violet photos because let's face it, we can never get enough of them. ;) Keep warm and enjoy the weekend!

 Grandpa Pud and Violet on New Year's Eve

 Violet's birthday greeting to her favorite daycare worker

 Violet "loving" the kitty. Poor, poor kitty.

 Violet... I don't know what Violet was doing or wearing in this photo.

Cute little outfit from Aunt Jean! I just love that little hat!

No comments:

Post a Comment