One-Yard Wonders projects

Sunday, January 5, 2014

A High of -6 Degrees

I just read this in a news article, "If you're under 40, you've never experienced cold like this before in the Midwest." Well, the arctic blast is here and tonight through tomorrow is so cold that schools have closed. Violet's daycare closed. Even the after-school program that is always open just emailed and said they are closing due to the low enrollment numbers tomorrow.

It seems that anyone who doesn't have to venture out tomorrow will be staying home keeping warm. I'm looking forward to a day of cooking with the kids. Lots on my list to do:

  • Pasta & vegetable soup in the crockpot for tomorrow night
  • Homemade beef stock for the soup
  • Cornbread toppers for the soup
  • Pasta casserole for Tuesday night
  • Breakfast "cookies" for the week, I'm hoping these high fiber/protein bars will be tasty enough for the boys to eat them
  • I seriously doubt it will happen, but I'd love to make some homemade cinnamon rolls, too. But as all three children will be "helping" me, I think I should probably just focus on dinners for the week.
So, today the Packers played the 49ers. We went to my aunt Sherie's house to watch the game and eat a bunch of delicious food. It was so much fun! The Packers lost, just barely, in the final seconds of the game. I can't imagine what it was like to be at Lambeau for that game. Holy moses... 

Well, one day soon, I will announce some big news but I am STILL waiting for other people to announce it first, as I was asked to do.... I've been waiting for them since Dec. 16 so I really hope they get moving. I have no idea what the hold up is, maybe they are in denial. ;)  Most of you know my news already, but it will be nice to actually publish it!

One last update, the boys and I used some of their Christmas money to buy them new shoes yesterday. Because he was sent to the principal's office on Thursday, Mr. Bo does not get to wear his new shoes until Thursday, and only then if he has three good days before it.... Bo has a very hard time transitioning back to school after long breaks. I told you the teachers were in for it that day. :) 

OK, that's all. Time to get to bed and snuggle up to my husband the human heater tonight! Stay warm and stay safe tomorrow, all you Iowans!

No comments:

Post a Comment