One-Yard Wonders projects

Monday, January 6, 2014

Brrrrr. No, Really. BRRRRR!

So today was a good day at home with my little darlings. They were pretty good, believe it or not. And I got a ton of cooking done! I made homemade beef stock, homemade pasta fagioli soup for tonight, pasta casserole for tomorrow night, cornbread for tonight and sugar cookies with Bo. Not too shabby, eh?

I thought the soup was delicious -- very flavorful with that homemade beef stock. Shawn was not impressed. He is never impressed with my soups. Curse him! ;) In reality, my soups are usually bland and awful. I don't know why, but Mr. I'm Allergic or Intolerant of Every Food on the Planet needs to start thanking me for my efforts to cook everything we eat from scratch, including broth! Because friends, that's no easy task.... Yeah, I think I've spent too much time with the kids these past few weeks. :)

So today's high was -6 and the windchill was -40.... We obviously did not leave the house. Each time a child opened a door to a porch or the unheated pantry, I screeched at them, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING IT'S FREEZING OUTSIDE CLOSE THAT DOOR IMMEDIATELY!" You'd think they'd learn, but they don't.

Tomorrow school is delayed two hours. Shawn is staying home with the boys and I'll take my little flower to daycare. I bought her a new monkey hat with matching mittens. They arrived on Saturday, along with new waterproof gloves for the boys. Talk about good timing. Well little Miss Vi has never willingly worn a hat or gloves before, but she loves her monkeys and will actually keep them on! And that, my friends, is a win.

Stay warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment