One-Yard Wonders projects

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

The End of an Era: Time for New Job!

So finally, over three weeks after it has happened, I can officially say that my last day at my current job is tomorrow!! It's been a challenging, sometimes crazy, always interesting and never boring eight years but I've always been a firm believer that change is good and sometimes you need to shake up your life and try something new.

On Monday I'll start my new job at another agency in town. They're located over in the East Village/emerging Market District area, which means I will be within walking distance of my favorite restaurant/shopping district. That's where my salon is, my favorite stationery store, my favorite sushi restaurant, the boys favorite zombie restaurant, my favorite spice shop, a new fabric/yarn store, a great local coffee shop, the Iowa Historical Building, the Iowa Capitol and many, many other fun places!

Goodbyes are hard for me, painfully hard. So this last week has been tough, and I am already dreading tomorrow. But it will be a good opportunity for me to overcome one of my biggest challenges in life, so bring on Thursday and bring on the goodbyes! It's not like I won't see them all again. We've already agreed to Friday lunches. :)

So that's pretty much all I've been doing this week -- wrapping up loose ends, saying goodbyes and thinking about the past eight years and all I've learned.

Also, little Miss Vi is getting a cold or something. There was a sign on her classroom door today that said "Your child has been exposed to pneumonia." I didn't even know it was contagious. Two other kids were sent home sick today, and a third had a fever at pick-up time. We have dodged illness for a couple months so I suppose we are due. As a result, she has not been sleeping well at night -- for the last two nights she's been up for 4-5 hours... I think I will go to bed early tonight.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment