One-Yard Wonders projects

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy House for a New Year

I have not worked for almost two weeks.

Two weeks!

Tomorrow I return, and the boys return to school and Violet to daycare. I think we are all ready to get back to our routines. It helps that there are just two days for us to get through before the weekend. And we have some good weekend plans to look forward to -- a little shopping on Saturday (both boys need new shoes) and then the Packers vs. 49ers game at my aunt Sherie's house on Sunday afternoon.

Anyway, happy New Year!! I am proud to report that I kicked off the new year by getting back on Weight Watchers (even though I went way over on points today) and got in 30 minutes of exercise by shoveling half the driveway! Hooray for me!

I also have some goals for 2014 that I'm excited about:

1. Write a handwritten letter every week to a friend or family member
2. Participate in the Sew Crazy Monthly Challenge of sewing one project a month
3. Find a volunteer opportunity
4. Make paella for Grandma Maxine
5. Invite my siblings to a "Grandma Betty roast beef" dinner (I have recently mastered her brown gravy made from roast beef drippings! I can't wait to make it for them and bring back all the memories of eating it at her house)
6. Go out with Shawn six times without the children!

I'm going to leave it there. Too many and I'll never keep them all. Of course other goals are to continue my healthy habits of eating better and exercising more, selling this godforsaken house and spending more time with the children without technology involved.

What about you guys? Any big goals or plans for 2014?

Well, just another hour or so of this Christmas break so I think I'll log off an enjoy it. Love you all and hope you have a great year ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment