One-Yard Wonders projects

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Winter Break Is Here!!!!

I am not trying to brag to anyone who does not get winter break, but I am now off work until Jan. 2 and that IS AWESOME!!!!!!!! I used a vacation day for tomorrow because I needed to use it or lose it. But our agency closes at 3 tomorrow and then doesn't reopen until the 2nd. And that is by far the greatest perk we get each year. 

The boys and I kicked off the holidays by meeting some of my family at the hometown Corn Patch Restaurant in Grimes. We had a little celebration with Grandpa Keith who will be in Mississippi for Christmas. My parents were there, my sister and her family, and Aunt Doug, Uncle Jean and Marla. It was so much fun! We had a great time, and fortunately the predicted icy roads did not materialize to ruin our fun. 

After eating, the boys and I went shopping for last-minute teacher gifts. We needed some gift cards to finish their presents. I picked up the last stocking stuffers for the farm -- for nephews Kael and Maddox. And I finished shopping for Violet's teachers. I hope the present we ordered for her favorite teacher arrives soon.... I think she will love it -- it's a funky steampunk locket that will hold a pic of Violet on one side and "mine" on the other, which is what Violet calls the teacher. This teacher is crazy about Violet, like seriously spoils her. Clearly she has won a place in our hearts because of it. ;) I also got her two purple nail polishes because her nails are always perfect and then a gift card to finish it off. 

I have always believed that you cannot over reward the people who take such good care of your children. 

Well, better get to work. It's 11 and I need to hide some Santa presents, find a new mess for Buddy to create and make sure all the teacher presents are in the boys' backpacks. Happy holidays, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment