One-Yard Wonders projects

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry (yawnnnn) Christmas!

Christmas Day started with a wail in our house... Miss Violet decided it would be fun to wake the family up at 2 a.m. From 2 to 4, it was musical beds at our house. First Violet came in with me and Shawn. But she was wide and awake and wouldn't go back to sleep. I couldn't take her downstairs, so I brought my tablet upstairs and let her watch an episode of George. Shawn joined Mazy in his bed.

Night owl Mazy soon joined me and Violet. It was like a 2:30 a.m. slumber party. By 3, Violet was roaming around, trying to get downstairs. I said, "Enough girl, you're going to bed." I took her to her room and she SCREAMED for about 10 minutes. So I brought Bo and Mazy back into my room and said, "Good luck, Shawn."

The boys kept kicking each other and fidgeting and couldn't get to sleep. Meanwhile, I could hear the siren call of Violet, shattering the silence of Christmas morning. After an hour of that, I took the boys back to their beds, got Violet out of her crib and took her in with me. See what I mean by musical beds? She fidgeted but did not cry until 5 a.m. and then finally went back to sleep.

Shawn and Mazy came in at 6:41 a.m. to wake us up for Christmas morning. And from there, it's all a blur. ;)

A few quick photos and then I have to get back to the toys!!! Needless to say, Violet went back for a nap at 8 a.m. We haven't heard a peep from her.

Merry Christmas to you all! Hope you're having a fabulous, love-filled day!

 Mazy's Santa pile -- make-your-own fort kit, two giant Star Wars Lego sets, a big Lego storage container, and two World of Warcraft sets

 Violet's Santa haul -- pink four-wheeler, new doll with three outfits, a stable of 12 ponies, and a Curious George tea set

 Bo's Santa pile -- new dream kitchen for the budding chef, big Lego storage container, two GI Joe vehicles and guys, and lots of kitchen accessories

 Wirt family tradition: waiting on the stairs Christmas morning before getting to go down and see what Santa brought!

 Still waiting. We have to make a pot of coffee. Check the cameras. Turn on some lights. Tease them. And then -- set them loose!

 First reaction to the big fort and Santa gifts

 Mazy's tower of building block sets

 Violet loves her George

 But she really, really loves her new ride... I think her new nickname is Crash.

 Bo with his "Best Christmas Spirit Award" medal from Santa

 Violet quickly took over Bo's kitchen, as we expected

 Mazy and another Lego set -- a 1990s rocket ship that makes noise!

 "Cup of tea, anyone?"

 Mr. Money organizes his bills and coins in his new cash register

One of Mazy's favorite gifts -- his new football figurine set! He is in heaven creating plays and re-enacting games.

OK, off to make some breakfast and have another cup of coffee. Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment