One-Yard Wonders projects

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas Eve Mustaches, Paella and New Jammies

I have very little time to write as it's 8:39 p.m., Violet is still awake in the kids' bedroom, the boys are on the couch in their new Christmas Eve jammies reading Bo's new Curious George storybook that Mazy bought him for Christmas, and there are TONS of big presents that need constructed once these children are in bed.

We just had a wonderful Christmas Eve dinner with my parents. It was so fun to have company! I made paella with chicken, chorizo, shrimp and mussels. Yum. Paella is such a treat! I took some pics, I will share them eventually.

We let the kids open their gifts to each other after supper. And of course I allowed them to open their Christmas Eve pajamas. My mom always bought us new pajamas for Christmas Eve and it's definitely a tradition I carry on!

Shawn is upstairs constructing an electronic four-wheeler for Violet -- lots of stickers to put on it. I have a big kitchen to put together for Bo... Batteries, stickers, a bag of screws... I need actual tools for this thing! Good grief it's going to be a long night.

Before I get going, I also wanted to say happy 65th anniversary to my grandparents Maxine and Pud Barnett!! They eloped 65 years ago this night after knowing each other for only 3 months. We'll have Christmas with them later this week.

OK, Violet is crying, the boys are getting grumpy and we need to get this Christmas moving! Good night all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment