One-Yard Wonders projects

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Recovery Day

Shawn and I got hit with a stomach bug this week, and though I had a scheduled vacation day today to work on the house, I instead spent it recuperating... Which wasn't all that bad. :) This morning I watched a movie that was not a cartoon. My god, it was glorious. There was no one in the house but me! Shawn had to take the cats to the vet so for about 2 hours I was the only being here. I watched, "The King's Speech." I've been wanting to watch it again ever since that Google commercial came out with the kid who googles "fear of speaking". It's such a great movie.

We ate Thai for lunch -- which tasted pretty good after not eating much for two days. Watched an episode of Downtown Abbey and then headed to the boys' school to pick them up a little early and take them shopping to buy items for their food drive this week. Bo was so excited to choose the items! Tomorrow is canned fruit day and then each day next week is a different item -- peanut butter, mac and cheese, canned veggies, tuna, and soup. Whichever class brings in the most donations wins a fun surprise. We bought quite a bit of items, so hopefully their classrooms do well. I love that their school is doing this. Earlier in the year, each class spent an afternoon helping at Meals from the Heartland -- a food program that packages small bags of dehydrated soup ingredients and sends them to hungry people all over the world who just have to add them to boiling water to make a meal.

Anyway, that's about all. Tonight Mazy and I finished his questionnaire for the cookbook author. I have no idea if he'll make it into the book, but it was worth the try. He had to submit a "signature dish" so he picked egg drop soup. :) It's one of the few dishes he knows how to make. As I've often told people, Mazy is an eater, not a chef.

Have a great Friday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment