One-Yard Wonders projects

Monday, November 4, 2013

Minnesota Trip, Part 2

Today was a great day. Violet wasn't feeling well so I made an executive decision to stay home with her so she could get a good nap, hang out on Mama's lap and watch as much Curious George as she wanted. We had a really great day together!

At 3:15, Shawn came home early and we all went to pick the boys up from school. They were so excited to be picked up when school was out, instead of going to the after-school program like they normally do. I wish we could give them that every day.

The entire family went to Super Target... That was an experience, and one we likely will not repeat anytime soon. It's not that the children were bad, per se, but I wouldn't exactly call it a relaxing or economical trip. I'd promised them they could pick out a healthy after-school snack -- the boys spotted the Naked juices -- nearly $3/bottle! But they are quite healthy. Mazy chose Mango Orange, Violet got Carrot Orange and Bo picked the Green Monster -- spinach, broccoli, kiwi, apples, pineapple, lime and lemon (it's his favorite). Then the boys wanted beef jerky for the rest of their snack -- children after my own heart. I love me some beef jerky. But those 5 items came to more than $15! Sheesh... Plus, I wasn't reading labels and the jerky was packed full of MSG. Once we were home, Bo was an angry, emotional mess. MSG really does a number on him. Violet power-puked her Carrot Orange juice all over the garage floor... Don't know what's up with that, but I am very thankful she didn't do it IN the van or in the house... Way to go, Violet!

Anyway, other than that little trip, it was a fabulous Monday. I decorated the front porch for real estate photos. I did three loads of laundry and put them all away. Another is in the washer now, and that will CATCH US UP ON LAUNDRY! Whoohoooo!!! It's made such a huge difference getting summer clothes out of our drawers so we have room to put away all our clothes. I know, Martha Stewart would have told me that years ago...

Next house project -- finding someway to organize coats/school bags/lunch bags and shoes... Our entryway is a disaster always because the kids can't reach the coat hooks, so they just throw their coats, bags and shoes in a big jumble. I'm looking for a kid-friendly solution so we can keep it clean.

And finally, the rest of our photos from our Minnesota trip a few weeks ago. Have a great week, everyone!

Me and sweet Violet

My entire universe -- posing on the deck in socks and bare feet 

I love when the sun shines on that little red mop of curls!

Shawn was happy because the cabin had wi-fi ;)

Here's a fun little ice cream show, Candy's Scoops, in a tiny town not far from the cabin.

Mazy was the only one who had ice cream left by the time I remembered to take a photo.

My sister-in-law Sandy who is a heck of a cook and organized most of our meals. In this picture, she was preparing carrots to go with smoked pork loin, baked potatoes, baked squash and fried apples. 

Our niece Becca (the nurse!) and Sandy

That's Becca's boyfriend Andy on the left playing catch with, you guessed it, Bo and Mazy. If you are within 50 feet of Mazy when he has a football in hand (which is ALWAYS), he will ask you to play catch. And he asks men and women alike, which I appreciate about him.

One last few of the lake from our deck. It really was a beautiful, beautiful place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment