One-Yard Wonders projects

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Icy Windshields and Coming Home to My Kids

I left work five minutes early because I was meeting a friend for drinks and tapas, and much to my dismay there was a heavy coating of ice on my windshields. It took me about 20 minutes to defrost and chip it away so I could get on the road. Fortunately, the roads weren't really icy.

I headed home at 7 and was greeted at the door by three highly excited, highly sweet and highly good for their mama's self-esteem. Bo was first to the door to unlock it for me. Through the window, I saw Mazy turn around and come running out to greet me. And then my little redheaded peanut came barreling around the corner with her little arms a pumping and the biggest grin on her face. Oh I love being a mom!!! They just make me so happy, and so glad to have them in our lives. One day I will look back on these days the joy of walking through that door and being the center of their universe. I know it won't last forever, but I'm going to enjoy every second of it while it does.

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving Dinner at my work so I just made an apple pecan caramel bundt cake to take. It baked for 1 hour 15 minutes and is now cooling before I flip it out onto a plate. It will cool overnight and then I need to wake up in the morning and make the caramel pecan sauce. I love this recipe -- it's a bit time-consuming but everyone always enjoys it.

Weekend plans are pretty loose -- the only planned event is on Saturday morning when we're heading to my aunt and uncle's house to do Mazy's cookbook photo shoot. We just need one photo of him and his egg drop soup, so hopefully it will be fairly painless for everyone involved especially the photographer, who is working for free. :)

Well, I need to go flip a cake and make some lunches for the boys. It's lightly snowing outside and the house is pretty chilly. I can't wait to get into a new house with a fireplace for nights like this! Happy Friday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment