One-Yard Wonders projects

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

And the Holidays Are Here

Hey everybody! Been a long time since I've been on here. We were without phone service for about four days last weekend, which was kind of nice for me. I enjoyed the no-technology weekend, but my husband was definitely going through withdrawal. He had to take my laptop and sit in a McDonald's parking lot for the free wi-fi on Saturday and Sunday... ;)

We're making progress on the house! Yesterday a handyman and mason were here to fix the compromised mortar/bricks in the foundation and to install two downspouts that were missing. Nice to get that done, but not so nice to spend $810 on some mortar and bricks... Ugh. Home ownership is a pain in the butt sometimes.

But that gets us one step closer to selling the house! Whoohoo!

We've been busy, busy, busy. Mazy's 9th birthday is two weeks from Sunday... We're getting plans together for that -- a fun surprise for him and Bo on the night of his birthday. More to share on that later. We haven't ordered his presents yet but I think we know what we're getting him.

I was at a PR seminar today with a couple coworkers and it ended at 3 so I picked up the kids, ran home for the diaper bag and then took them all to Merle Hay Mall. I was a bit apprehensive taking all three of them, but it turned out to be a delightful time! I promised them 30 minutes in the germ-infested play area. Fun for the kids, torture for parents. Who can just sit there and watch all the bratty kids trying to run over Violet and not glare at them and scare them into submission? Not me, that's for sure. But I didn't have to do much of that this time because Violet's two protectors, Mazy and Bo, were doing it for me. They're good boys.

We went to the mall to pick up some new clothes I'd ordered and had shipped to the store instead of paying for shipping. I tried them all on tonight and guess what?! Guess what?!?! Wanna know?? I've lost enough weight to go down a clothing size!! WHOOHOOHOOOHOOOHOOO! Shawn has probably lost at least two clothing sizes but hey, I'll take my one and know that I'm still working away at it.

Jeez, I'm sure there's a lot I'm forgetting but I can't think what it is. I'll be back soon and keep you updated on our happenings. Have a great rest of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment