One-Yard Wonders projects

Monday, October 14, 2013

There's No Place Like Home

There's a big ol' thunderstorm raging outside.

I'm on the couch watching the lightning out the bay windows. Enjoying the fireplace and a glass of wine. The kids are upstairs in bed. And I have three more days to spend at the farm!

The kids and I are spending most of the week here at Grandpa Kevin and Grandma Katy's farm. It is a wonderful feeling to be home at harvest time. It's one of my favorite times of year on the farm. I'm looking forward to tractor rides, trip to the orchard, lunch in town at PJ's, visits with grandparents, and just enjoying being in the house where I grew up.

Before arriving at the farm early this evening, I spent a very productive day at home with my mom and sister. We totally emptied the kids' room! The only thing left are their beds! Their clothes are in their closet, but we literally packed up every single other object. It's crazy. If this house doesn't sell quickly when it's on the market, the children are going to be very annoyed with me. :) They basically have no toys or books left to play with or read.

We also cleared everything off the front porch and took all the pictures off the walls in the hallway. My awesome Uncle Doug made room in his schedule to do a bunch of painting tomorrow! He's going to paint the front porch, the stairs, hallway and the kids room. I can't wait to see it!!!

So really, all that's left now is our bedroom and the basement. The dreaded blasted basement... Man, I hate that area. We got a good start and then it all went to hell and we haven't worked on it for awhile. The poor garage is completely stuffed to the gills. I added a huge pile of Goodwill clothes/toys to the garage today for Shawn to haul away. He also had to take the window A/Cs out of our room and the kids', remove the curtain rod and curtains, and take off all the light switch plates. Considering how many boxes I carried to the garage,  and baskets of laundry up and down the stairs, I think he got the best deal.

I also called my little bro Bandy and asked him to find me an electrician for the broken light in the den and to install a new ceiling fan in the dining room. AND I went through all the mail, paid bills, made some phone calls I've been putting off and signed up for some new type of auto insurance through State Farms where they're going to send me one of those devices to track my excellent driving skills so I can save money. At least, I hope that's what happens... :) I hope it doesn't record my voice when I'm yelling at other drivers because that could really affect my grade.

OK, time to get to bed. So far the storm hasn't woken any of the children. Let's hope it stays that way. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment