One-Yard Wonders projects

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Date Night, a Party and Spiders in the Garage

Shawn and I went out to eat together, without any children, for the first time in over a year. And it was fantastic!!! It was so much fun that I think we will try it again in two weeks!

That was on Friday night. A huge thank you again to my in-laws, Dwayne and Belinda, and niece Tori, for feeding and entertaining our trio of kiddos. It was a beautiful night. We went to Ames and had supper at The Cafe -- a fabulous restaurant in north Ames that features a lot of local ingredients. I ordered Korean Steak and Egg -- kind of a deconstructed be bim bop -- homemade kimchi rice, soy-marinated steak, sunnyside egg and locally grown asparagus. It was delicious! We ordered drinks, appetizers, coffee and dessert! How decadent of us, but it still didn't cost much more than taking the five of us out to eat. After eating, we went shopping at a couple places. It was a really great evening.

Saturday morning was busy with cleaning up the house and laundry, and grocery shopping. Then we headed to the farm for Kael's 11th birthday party. The kids swam, played frisbee golf, road the four-wheeler with Grandpa and ate lots of cupcakes, candy and tacos. It was really fun. I took some great photos that I will share sometime this week.

We got home pretty late from the farm and all three kids slept all night long and didn't get up until 9ish. We ate a late breakfast and then everyone headed outside -- Shawn and I spent several hours cleaning out half of the garage while the boys played with Violet in the playhouse and on the playset. We took a van load of stuff to Goodwill (well, Shawn did) and filled the recycling bin and the garbage bin. We made some good progress. We'll hopefully finish it next weekend.

This week is super incredibly busy at work for me... It's only a three-day week because I'm taking Thursday and Friday off to work on packing up the house and cleaning out the basement. But I am packing about 6 days of work into those three days.... It's going to be brutal, but I'm excited for Thursday when Mom and my aunt Sherie are coming over to help me get stuff packed up. Well, I better get going on that work I'm talking about. Hope you had a great weekend!

Oh, I almost forgot to tell you about all the spiders we found in the garage. Tons of them. I hated to kill them but hey, if they're not smart enough to get out of the way of my broom then I have little choice. Also, Bo discovered a tick on his ankle tonight during his shower and FREAKED out... Good grief. He is not a fan of any kind of creepy-crawlie.

No comments:

Post a Comment