One-Yard Wonders projects

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Sunday, Sunburns and Sirens

Bath time was exciting tonight. The tornado sirens went off about six different times during it. Mazy was a wreck -- we kept assuring him that the tornado sighting was north of Des Moines and the storm was moving north of us. But he has read way too many extreme weather books and gets too worked up over them. I read him and Bo two two chapters of their book tonight and that helped calm him down.

This morning started off quite lovely -- Shawn surprised me with my Mother's Day breakfast do-over. Homemade waffles with fresh strawberry sauce, sausages and coffee. It was delicious. And I got to sleep in! Whooohooo!

We spent the next couple of hours cleaning up and getting the house ready to sell. I had planned on painting the front door trim and the metal handrails. But it looked stormy so I painted the inside interior doorframe instead. I wanted to paint more but with all the children in the house, I knew that was a disaster waiting to happen. So I helped Shawn pack boxes and dismantle a big shelf in the den. Whoohoo! Packing progress!

This afternoon we had flag football. I have about decided to give up on going to flag football... It is three hours of baby wrangling and missing out on the boys' best plays. Plus, the amount of sunscreen our family goes through from 1 to 4:30 p.m. is quite remarkable... I sprayed us all down twice, but Mazy's face was still a bit burned and Shawn forgot to spray his thighs and they're totally lobster red! Haha. But Violet did not burn anywhere, so I considered that a true achievement. Have you ever tried putting sunscreen on a 1-year-old? On a really windy day? When the 1-year-old is running and rolling and shrieking in protest? OK, yes, I know many of you have and can relate easily.

By the time we got home, we all vegged out and watched TV for 30 minutes. I made supper -- fish, stuffing, roasted broccoli/cauliflower and leftover biscuits from our niece's graduation party yesterday. Speaking of that, I have some photos of Violet wearing the cutest little dress from Aunt Jean. I'll try to get them up this week -- darling! Then I changed her into a hot pink flowered romper -- adorable! She was quite the fashionista yesterday. I believe she went through four wardrobe changes before the day was done.

OK, I've got some news releases to write before tomorrow morning so I better get at it. Hope you all had a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment