One-Yard Wonders projects

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Preparing for a Holiday Weekend

Just one day to go and the kickoff to summer is here. I can't believe it. Where did the spring go? Oh yeah, that's right -- we didn't have one... Thanks again, Mother Nature. But I am excited for the three-day weekend.

Mazy has a culminating event tomorrow afternoon, and with any luck, work will send us all home early. Shawn bought a new movie for Friday Movie Night -- Lego Batman or something like that. The boys love the Lego movies, and I will admit that I think they're pretty good, too.

I might try to hit the farmers market Saturday morning, and then we have Maddox's 2nd birthday at lunch. Saturday night babysitting plans have fallen through so Shawn and I will have to put the Star Trek movie on hold. Mom and Heidi are coming Sunday morning to help pack up the house. Shawn is going to take the kiddos somewhere so we can work in peace. If weather permits, we'll head to Jester Park in the afternoon for a picnic with Heidi's family. That leaves Monday -- I really want to take the kids to the cemetery to see Grandma Betty's grave and leave flowers on all the relative's graves. I love that tradition!

But the weather doesn't sound like it's going to be very good. Rain all weekend long. But who knows, they might be wrong.

Well, I need to switch laundry and talk Shawn into getting me a snack. :) Happy Friday and last day of the week before a holiday weekend!!!

And now the pics from Mazy's spring school music concert and some of his school artwork. I've been meaning to put these up for two weeks...





 Artwork of a fictional outlaw character: The Nothing
His crime: Terrorizing little penguins

 Poster of how corn is harvested

 Yellow and black abstract of football

Scary restaurant guy


No comments:

Post a Comment