One-Yard Wonders projects

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

One Year Ago Tonight...

April 2, 2012.

I was pregnant and one week overdue.

The boys were at my in-laws spending the night. Shawn and I were preparing to get up early and head to the hospital to have our third and final child. We didn't know if the baby was a boy or a girl. We just hoped for a healthy baby, and OK, we kind of hoped for a girl.

April 3, 2012

At around 11 a.m., sweet Violet Betty Wirt Hanson entered the world and changed our family forever. Her dad was so overwhelmed to finally have a daughter that he was speechless. When they put that squirming bundle of baby in my arms, she pooped on me. And I laughed and kissed her slimy, beautiful little head and said to the room of nurses and doctor, "Meet Violet Betty!" She's been my darling baby girl ever since.

For 364 days, I have smiled, laughed, kissed, cuddled, hugged, rocked, soothed, swooned, tickled, comforted, snuggled, smooched, smelled, adored, and 100% loved this child. And tomorrow our baby girl turns 1.

And now a look back on the year of Violet:




















That's our girl! Happy, happy, happy birthday my beautiful and wonderful Violet Betty! 

No comments:

Post a Comment