One-Yard Wonders projects

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Our Gypsy Days Are Over

Well hello. It's 7:20 p.m. Violet is in bed already. We went out to eat tonight (big mistake) and she was just fit to be tied. She cried and cried so Shawn wolfed down his meal and took her for a ride in the van while I ate my meal. And just so you know, I held her and tried to calm her while Shawn ate. But he still was the star of the evening. The first eater always has the worst meal -- you don't even get to taste it. Anyway, the boys are outside playing. God I love that it is spring! Even if it is cold and snowy still. Shawn is upstairs taking the inaugural shower in our newly updated shower/tub. And I am in the recliner, watching Big Bang Theory and being thankful that I am sleeping in my own bed tonight for the first time since Friday. The bathroom is not done yet. There was high drama last night regarding the flooring and broken toilet. I won't go into details. I'll just say that I had to take the kids to Nevada to spend the night at Shawn's parents because the toilet did not get fixed until about 10 p.m.... In the process, the contractor broke the brand new vanity and now it has to be replaced before we can finish the rest of the bathroom. But I won't dwell on that. He did fix the toilet. So that is nice. It's been a long 7 days and I am ready for some normalcy again! P.S. I can't believe it is Easter weekend!!! At least the small gifts for the Easter baskets have been bought, and I have Friday off so I shouldn't have too much trouble getting all the candy for the baskets. Oh man, I'm tired. This wasn't a very inspiring post but it's an update and a record of our life. Our crazy, strange but wonderful life. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment