One-Yard Wonders projects

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Leaping Ahead When We're Already Behind....

Each year I think, "Whose bright idea was it to mess with time anyway?" In the fall when the time gods grant me an extra hour of sleep on a weekend, I thank them profusely and love the idea.

Not so in the spring... I miss those lost 60 minutes of sleep. Especially today. Bo woke me up at 4 a.m. to let me know he'd just thrown up all over his bed. Shawn and I got him cleaned up, the bed stripped down and Bo moved into our room with me. In the process, Violet woke up and decided 4 a.m. was a great time to play and babble and demand attention. Bo couldn't get back to sleep. He and I were up until 7 a.m., and that's when he finally fell asleep. 5 minutes later, literally 5 minutes!, Mazy hauled Violet it and dumped her on my chest. Shawn, god love him, had a little more sleep than me so he took Violet and Mazy downstairs for breakfast and playing. Bo and I slept two more hours. Shawn woke me up and said, "It's 10, you better get up."

10 o'clock already! Daylight savings strikes again... A lost of sleep on a night when I'd already lost three hours. Oh well, such is life!

So we cancelled my plans to go to Nevada to help scrapbook. Hated doing that but with Violet and Bo both down with a stomach bug, and Shawn not feeling so hot, I couldn't leave him alone to run the ship. He also agreed to go get groceries for the week if I would make a meal plan and grocery list. So that's where he and Mazy are now.

Bo is watching Curious George. Violet is napping. I am wondering what to do with my extra day at home!

Have a great Sunday, everyone! Happy belated birthday to my sister-in-law Kindi, who celebrated hers yesterday. Happy early birthday to my dear mama, who celebrates the big 6-0 tomorrow!!!! On Tuesday our niece Becca has a birthday. And next week, Grandpa Keith celebrates his birthday and Great Aunt Bev turns 80! Lots of birthdays this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment