One-Yard Wonders projects

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Vacation Winds Down.....

Since last I wrote, we've:

  • Enjoyed the gorgeous Peruvian Lilies Shawn sent me on Valentine's Day! There are so many of them I was able to make two huge arrangements. I love having fresh flowers around the house. Thanks, Babe!
  • Spent the night at Honey Creek Resort, the whole family! At the last minute, Shawn and Violet were able to join us. It was a very fun way to spend Valentine's Night. For the first time ever, we requested TWO hotel rooms because, well, there's a lot of us now. :) It was so nice have adjoining rooms. After supper, I took the boys to the pool until closing time and Shawn put Violet down in her crib in a dark room with no brothers bouncing on the beds, no TV to distract her and no one complaining that we all had to go to bed at 8:30 p.m. because the baby was cranky. Two rooms is definitely the way to go. 
  • Watched the first season of Downton Abbey -- the early 1900s British show about aristocrats and the servants who wait on them. It's awesome. I am addicted and can't wait to see Season 2. 
  • Taken the boys out to the farm to spend the night with Grandpa Kevin and Grandma Katy. I dropped them off around 3 today and mom and dad will bring them to Des Moines tomorrow for Marla's birthday party at the Ramada Inn.
  • Gone out to eat with Shawn's parents at the Texas Road House in Ames. That was tonight. Just me, Shawn and Violet. It was PACKED and Violet was a little pistol and didn't want to sit in her seat, but we had a great time. And we enjoyed visiting with Shawn's parents afterward and watching Violet roam around their downstairs. I also enjoyed opening my first birthday presents of the year!! Cool new stuff for my kitchen -- love it! Thanks, Belinda and Dwayne!
And that's about it. Tomorrow is my parents' 40th wedding anniversary. We're meeting them for lunch before my cousin Marla's birthday party. We probably should have planned more but we are kind of lame children and didn't think about it until recently and then couldn't decide what to do.... Whenever a big anniversary rolls around, my dad likes to remind us of how he and his siblings sent their parents on a cruise for their 25th anniversary... We have yet to do that. But keep reminding us, Dad, you never know when one of us might win the Lottery or hit a jackpot. :)

All right. Violet's in bed and we have a couple of shows on the DVR we want to watch. Hope you're all having a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment