One-Yard Wonders projects

Friday, January 18, 2013

Finally Friday!


This rather blurry photo shows you where I am working this morning -- Smokey Row coffeeshop in historic Sherman Hills, Des Moines. It's an awesome environment in which to think, relax, enjoy good java and people watch. I am just finishing off my brocolli quiche, cottage cheese and orange slices with a glass of ice water. My Cafe Borgia is next -- mocha with orange peel. How delicious does that sound?

My workstation today 

So I'm quite happy and content. It's nice to take a day off one or two times a year without any kids, and just focus on me and the future.

One quick Bo story and then I'll get to work. Last night after supper, Bo was working on his homework and Mazy was drawing a Green Bay Packers picture when the Packers were the Acme Packers -- so they were wearing old-timey uniforms and those funny leather helmets. Anyway, Bo looked up at me very seriously and said, "Mama, I have something to tell you, but don't laugh at me. I just farted two times, but don't laugh at me."

Of course, Shawn, Mazy and I all burst out laughing like hyenas and poor Bo hid his face in his hands. It was just so random and he was so sincere in telling me. I hate when I laugh at Bo when he doesn't want me to, but as I tell him, "You just make me very happy and I have to laugh."

I think we have a new catchphrase in our house.

Have a great Friday, everyone! Tonight is Friday Night Movie Night and on the schedule is the animated Hallo-weenie. I think I might make some kind of seafood with roasted asparagus for supper.

OK, off to work on my project!

3:52 p.m. update: I just watched a great movie, Bigger than the Sky. It made me cry. I love being home alone to watch movies that no one else in my family is interested in watching. It makes me happy. That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment