One-Yard Wonders projects

Monday, November 5, 2012

Voting Time!

My gosh, it's Election Time!! I can't believe it's here. The Obamas and Bruce Springsteen are down in the East Village right now giving the last campaign rally of the year! We are so excited they chose Des Moines for this honor! I really wanted to take the boys to the rally, but it's very cold and the Obamas were not scheduled to speak until 9... Kind of late for a school night. Even for an event as important as this. Instead I will take the boys with me to vote tomorrow night.

In other news tomorrow, Shawn is taking a vacation day to work on some major home improvement projects with a handy man we hired for the job. We bought a new door this past weekend at Menards and I am SO excited to replace the piece of junk we currently have. I want Shawn to take before and after pics so you can see what I'm talking about. The current door is so ugly and junky. The five of us had a good time shopping the door aisles and choosing a new one. It's very pretty.

Also on the schedule this week, Mazy's class is performing its first musical of the year. All I know is that it's based on The Family Feud and Mazy is cast as "percussion enthusiast #6." We've been practicing his line for the last few nights. The play is on Friday at 10. Afterward we'll go out for lunch with him.

Well it's time to head to bed. Sweet Violet was up from 4 to 6:30 this morning and I'm wiped out. Don't forget to vote tomorrow!! And if you're undecided and need help, I'd suggest voting for the guy who visited Des Moines tonight.   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment