One-Yard Wonders projects

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Change of Plans: Flu .... Again

Wasn't it just yesterday that I was writing how often we'd been sick this fall? Well, last night at 4 a.m., poor Mazy came into our room. He'd thrown up and felt bad because he hadn't made it to the bathroom in time. Poor guy. He sleeps in the top bunk, so I can hardly expect him to make it there on time. Unfortunately for Bo, Mazy's aim was not so great and the comforter on Bo's bed didn't make it...

Shawn cleaned up Bo's bed and slept with him. Mazy came into bed with me. He was sick three more times before 8 a.m. Then Bo came in, complaining of a headache and hunger. I gave him some Tylenol and breakfast, then the three of us went downstairs to watch a movie. Mazy played games and read books on his new Kindle Fire. Shawn and Violet slept until 9:30.

And from there, the rest of the day was a blur. Shawn went ahead with his plans to go to Ames for a sale he was wanting to attend. I cancelled my sewing plans with his mom and spent the day taking care of sick kids. Mazy and Bo both had fevers at lunch time. They had rainbow sherbet for lunch, with 7-Up. Violet puked all over me in the early afternoon. Totally covered the both of us. (sorry for the graphic nature of this post)  :) We took a shower and got cleaned up. By then my lack of sleep the night before was beginning to show. I was tired and put Violet and Bo down for naps, and watched an old movie from my childhood, "Space Camp."

Shawn eventually came home, took over kid duties and we all took late afternoon naps. Neither of the boys felt like eating supper. I just read to Mazy and got him into bed. Now I'll take Bo up and read to him. And of course, I just heard Violet crying....

Aahhh, the joys of parenthood. I love them dearly, and I really don't mind getting puked on, but I have to admit that I am looking forward to Monday already.

No comments:

Post a Comment