One-Yard Wonders projects

Friday, August 31, 2012

Happy, Happy Three-Day Weekend!

It's Friday night at 7:46. Violet is asleep in her crib. I just read a half-hour long book to Bo and put him to bed. And now Mazy and I are in the living room watching our Friday night selection: Star Trek! We are munching on some candy that he and Bo got at the parade last Saturday. It's going to be a good night. Shawn is at Sci Fi Night watching the Avengers and playing board games.

My employer let us leave work two hours early so I picked Mazy up right as school ended and surprised him with a trip to the new Orange Leaf yogurt shop by his school. He was so excited! He picked Strawberry and Pomegranate yogurts and topped it with gummi bears and sprinkles (known as jimmies to you folks on the East Coast).

I picked Pomegranate yogurt and then added something called Classic Sour to it. I had no idea what "Classic Sour" was but thought it sounded interesting. Well, let me tell you, it was, but not in a good way. I am not joking, it tasted exactly like frozen sour cream!!! Who thinks that is a good flavor? Fortunately, I had topped my yogurt with slivered almonds and crushed Butterfingers. Those two ingredients kind of drowned out the sour cream flavor but let me tell you, I have learned my lesson with experimenting with frozen yogurt flavors.

In other news, big family development this week! My sister Heidi announced that they are moving back to Iowa! Whoohooo!! It will be so much fun to have her back in Des Moines. There have been so many times when I wished she was here to go shopping with me or to go out to eat with me or to get together for a shopping afternoon. This will be great!

OK, I'm off to watch the movie and answer 35,653 questions from Mazy. He's a bit of a chatterbox during movies... Have a super fantastic weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment