One-Yard Wonders projects

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Annual Hanson Family Corn Feed

It rained! It rained! It rained!!!

Whoohooo!!! It was so exciting to see the dark storm clouds roll through this morning and then watch the rain come down! The boys are at the farm and Shawn was out shopping and Violet was upstairs sleeping, so I just stood on the front porch and enjoyed the thunder and downpour.

Then I cleaned house for awhile, worked on some writing projects and sort of organized all the clothes were taking to the consignment sale. Shawn bought a bunch of hangers today so we'll get clothes hung up and ready to be tagged. It will be so nice to have all this out of our house!

Once Shawn gets home, I need to bake Grandma Betty's chocolate cake recipe to take to the annual Hanson Family Corn Feed in Nevada. Looks like the rain has moved out so it should be a great afternoon/evening for it. I'll take photos and share more about the event tomorrow.

For now, I am going to make a quick lunch for me and Shawn, and then get to baking. I love my boys but I have to say, I've really enjoyed this morning to myself! Violet just woke up. So for the first time in years, I was alone in the downstairs on a Saturday morning!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment