One-Yard Wonders projects

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Photo Shoot Wednesday

Tonight I finally did something I've been meaning to do for a couple months -- a photo shoot with Violet!

Now I know what you're saying, "Gee Keesia, it seems like you do a photo shoot with Violet every other day. How was tonight different?"

Well I'm glad you asked. Tonight was different because I dressed Violet in three outfits that were mine when I was a baby! How fun is that! The lighting wasn't great. The background wasn't fabulous. But I was so glad to finally get those photos taken. I can't wait to find photos of me in those little outfits and compare them to sweet Violet. Two of the outfits I had to take off of my old Cabbage Patch Kid dolls -- they were kind of stained and a bit worse for wear, but not too bad. Violet was very accommodating.

Also tonight, since it was one of the hottest days of the year and day 48 or whatever it is of the drought, the boys and I decided we needed ice cream cones. So Shawn went to Dahl's to buy us a pint of Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough ice cream. Unfortunately, while in the Dahl's parking lot, he locked himself out of his car... I think that's a first for him. It's something I've done many times (twice with poor Mazy locked in the vehicle by himself...) so I didn't mind packing up the kids and going to rescue him. The ice cream was delicious! Thanks, Shawn!

Well that's about all the news from here. Mom is picking up Mazy tomorrow night for their Harry Potter movie-thon on the farm. They have been planning this for a long time. We'll pick him up on Saturday when we're at the farm for Kael's birthday party. Have a good Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment