One-Yard Wonders projects

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Polkadot Princess

Violet Betty is seven weeks old today.


Her brother Mazy picked out today's outfit -- he loves her in onesies and thought this hot pink one suited her well. I love the polkadots and the little butterflies on the socks that Shawn bought her.

At seven weeks she is smiling at us, cooing and making occasional happy screeches at ceiling fans and windows. She sleeps a lot. She goes through 10 or more diapers a day. And she passes a lot of gas and burps loudly -- much to the delight of her big brothers. She recognizes my voice. She likes to sleep on our bed with my pillow on one side and Shawn's on the other. She's a sweet companion in the wee hours of the morning.

Tonight I separated out her newborn-sized clothes and put them away. She's finally outgrown them. It was kind of sad. They were the last newborn clothes that will be worn by a member of our family. I want to save them all! And I want to spend every day with this adorable girl and not think about returning to work.

As I type, she is sacked out on Daddy's chest in the recliner. It's hard to decide who looks the most content.

No comments:

Post a Comment