One-Yard Wonders projects

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Campground Memories

We spent Saturday with Shawn's parents and family at Hickory Grove Park, which is about 5 miles east of Nevada, Iowa. It is a beautiful and fun park with a great campground, lake, playgrounds and beach. I remembered some photos I took when Mazy and I spent a couple nights at the campsite when he was two-and-a-half years old. It's fun comparing Mazy at 2 to Mazy at 7.


Isn't he a cutie! Then and now!

The photo above has always been one of my favorites of Mazy. It was early in the morning, like 6:30 or so. He and I were up and went for a walk down by the lake. The water was so calm and the sun was just coming up. Mazy has always been an interesting kid -- one who seems to appreciate nature and quiet moments like that.     




There is something about little boys in white t-shirts that I just love. 


And this was Bo at his first trip to Hickory Grove when he was only 2 weeks old! He was a pretty little baby, too.

And now look at my rough-and-tumble boy! In this photo he had just kicked the soccer ball. I don't know anything about soccer, but it looks like good form to me!

And finally, our sweet little Violet Betty, who turns 8 weeks old TODAY!!! Can you believe it's been two months?!?! I can't. She's growing so fast, especially those cheekers! I have lots more photos from the weekend that I will share this week. Theron and Hudson's birthday at the farm was a blast on Sunday and I got quite a few photos from it. And then we took some of the grandkids to Morrisburg Cemetery to visit all the Wirt gravestones. There are some good photos from there, too. Have a great short week, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment