One-Yard Wonders projects

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Rainy Day Visits

Well, Violet's photo shoot was cancelled this morning due to the photographer's daughter being sick. Unfortunately, I didn't get her message so Vy and I were waiting in her driveway at 9:15. But that's OK. We decided to go visit my mom at her work instead of going home. After that, we headed to Nevada where we picked up Shawn and met his parents in Ames for lunch. Violet pretty much slept the entire time -- we woke her up after we were finished eating to feed her and give her some Grandma time.

Then, since I didn't have anything planned, I went back to Shawn's work and hung out for a couple hours. I saw the new vending machine that he fixed up. It was quite impressive! Then Violet and I came home and made supper.

Fairly uneventful but enjoyable day.

Fortunately, my uncle Steve asked if he could photograph Violet this weekend. He wants some practice with newborn photos and we are more than happy to oblige! So we will still get some awesome photos of her at this stage. I have all the props and accessories ready for him!

Tomorrow I'm going to my office and having lunch with Hillary and Erin. Can't wait to see them and catch up on all the office news!

And I talked to my sister today and finalized plans for the following weekend. They will arrive in Des Moines on Friday night. We'll go to their hotel for dinner and swimming. Then Saturday morning they'll come to our house for breakfast and lunch. Then they travel on to Mason City for a family event with her in-laws.We also made plans for Mazy to go visit them this summer. He'll go for a week in July -- and attend Seussville University with Theron each morning! It's a summer camp for kids at a local community college. Sounds like a lot of fun! He will love it. And then they'll get to go swimming each afternoon, which he will really love...

That's all until tomorrow. Happy Friday!!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see you guys and have Mazy come stay with us!

    ReplyDelete