One-Yard Wonders projects

Thursday, March 22, 2012

We Lost Twinkie 2 ....

Today was a great day. I worked from home and kept both boys home with me. They played outside this morning in the rain -- picking daffodils for me and running around with umbrellas. They were so cute!


Then they helped me clean house for a half-hour, and then we met my friend Kortney, her son Porter and her sweet baby girl Anna at Valley West Mall for lunch at Jimmy John's and then play time in the kids area. The boys were so good and well-behaved!

We came back home, I worked all afternoon and they watched Discovery channel shows. They played outside more this afternoon when the sun was shining and picked me some lovely dandelions. Then I made meatloaf with roasted potatoes, carrots and green beans for supper. Then I worked some more.

And then about an hour ago, Shawn asked where our second cat was -- Twinkie. I said I hadn't seen her all day actually. I had thought about her a few times during the day and thought it was strange I hadn't seen her since the morning. But the boys were loud and crazy and she often finds a quiet spot under a bed or couch to sleep in the afternoon. So I wasn't too concerned.

And then Shawn started looking for her. Upstairs. Downstairs. In the basement. In the front porch. In the pantry... And then outside....

Oh crap. We lost Mazy's cat!!! He loves that cat. The boys were in and out the back door all morning. I am afraid she might have escaped. It was raining out, so she probably ran off looking for somewhere dry. She wasn't in the garage. She didn't come up to the boys this afternoon when they were out there playing... She may be gone... My husband is NOT happy with me. And poor Mazy will definitely not be happy tomorrow morning when we break the news to him....

This is the second cat named Twinkie that we have lost from this house.... It must be the name. Both were big, fat lovable cats who never went outside. Both fought with our other cat, Zoey, who is 1/4 their size but quite feisty.

Let's hope Twinkie finds her way home tonight. Mazy will be heartbroken without you, Twinkie!!

9:01 p.m. Update: The cat has been found.... Tragedy averted. My husband loves me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment