One-Yard Wonders projects

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Still Here. Still Pregnant. And Yes, Still Smiling.

Well hi everybody.

Not much news from me. Certainly not anything exciting, like the announcement of a new baby or anything... :)  But soon, right?

I made a judgment call today to work from home instead of going into the office. I've found that answering questions like, "You haven't had the baby yet?" and "How much longer do you think it will be?" tend to put me in a sour mood. A very sour mood. Even when I start my day off positive and happy, it's just a matter of moments when I arrive at work until I am annoyed, bitter and mean.

Strangely enough, I have this reputation of being nice, accommodating., friendly even, when I'm at work. If you really know me, you know how ridiculous that is. But people there have even called me "sweet". So they are not accustomed to my stony silence, brooding nature and drop-dead-you-jerk looks that I've been giving a few of them. In fact, I think it downright scares them.

So I stayed home today. It's been a good day. :) I'm happy. I don't mind that Baby is now going on four days overdue. That's OK, Baby. You take your time. I'm just chillin', doing laundry, online shopping for Mazy's summer clothes and enjoying this beautiful weather. Oh, and doing work, of course. :)

Tonight I'm going to pick the boys up early and then take them to Buzzard Billy's -- which just opened in its new location in downtown Des Moines -- to get us a table. It has always been a favorite of ours so we are very excited that it's reopened! Mom is going to join us. I'm hoping for a table on the outdoor balcony.

And who knows, maybe some spicy jambalaya is just what I need to convince this baby that it's time to join the family!

No comments:

Post a Comment