One-Yard Wonders projects

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Scrapbooking Mania

Well, just wrapped up day 2 of the 3-day scrapbooking weekend. I am having a lot of fun. I am doing a lot of walking around, chatting and browsing at vendors. I am enjoying looking at people's albums and projects. And I've managed to finish three of the albums I've taken with me. All in all, a successful two days!

Mom and I are having a blast, as we always do. It's just so nice to have three whole days to yourself to look through photos, be creative, chat and enjoy life.  Thanks again for such a GREAT time, Mom!

Today we met Shawn and the boys for lunch. We had planned to go to The Latin King, but, well, it's not open for lunch on Saturdays. Darn it. So then we decided to meet up in the East Village and go to Quentin's Deli. Jeez, what a mistake! The food was good, but Quentin's service ... well, I won't sugarcoat it, it was TERRIBLE... It took an hour and 30 minutes to get our food! Can you believe that? It was busy, but not THAT busy. There were plenty of empty tables around and no line or anything.

Jeez, it could have been a nightmare waiting that long with two young children. Fortunately, my boys were in exemplary moods and entertained us with their drawings and stories during the wait. Shawn, on the other hand, was not quite so laid back about the delay. He really wanted to walk out, but I convinced him to stay. I was hungry, after all! And we really weren't in a big rush to get anywhere.

Tomorrow when I am finished scrapbooking at 3, I'll type Mazy's review of the place. I'm anxious to see if he complains about the long wait time. This could be his first negative review!


No comments:

Post a Comment