One-Yard Wonders projects

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Weighs the Same as a Butternut Squash

29 weeks. That's how long me and mystery baby have been together. This week, he or she weighs in at 2.5 pounds, or about the weight of a butternut squash. Babycenter.com sends me weekly updates and Mazy really gets a kick out of hearing what fruit or vegetable the baby is being compared to each week.

Sometimes I think Bo pictures a potato or a cucumber with arms, legs and a face inside me. I don't think he quite grasps the comparison and will probably be surprised to see a little human as his younger brother or sister and not a veggie...

Anyway, it's been a fairly uneventful week around here, which is why I haven't blogged much. Looking forward to Friday Movie Night with Shawn and the boys tomorrow. We're watching "Cowboys and Aliens" with Mazy, and then "The Hangover 2" once he's in bed. Bo will likely get to watch some Curious George episodes on the computer through Netflix. He likes to have the computer by himself with his favorite primate friend.

It snowed last night and now it's freezing out! We were so spoiled. This is normal January weather for Iowa, but it feels much, much colder than it should! Just as the storm was blowing in last night, I needed to make a quick trip to Mercy West Hospital to visit my mom. She was admitted for a night after a visit with the Iowa Heart clinic. She is still sick -- weak, not hungry, fainting spells. It's been four weeks of this and they have finally decided it is just some crazy virus that has to run its course. Fortunately, I think she's on the mend. She was extremely dehydrated and not eating... which did not help her case. Yes Mom, we are all going to bug you about that for the next 5 years. You must drink water and eat good foods, even when you're sick. All of your grandchildren have been trained to remind you of that next time they see you. :)

I didn't work out this week. Bummer! Work was crazy. That's a terrible excuse, but I have been working through lunch nearly every day just to keep ahead of the deadlines. And tonight I'm catching up on one I missed today...

So, I guess I'll get to it. Stay warm. Enjoy the long weekend! Mazy and I are home on Monday. Shawn and Bo are going to work and daycare. I could keep Bo home, but it's been a long time since Mazy and I have had a day together, and we are paying for the day at Bo's daycare. Anyway, happy Friday tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. I just love you and mystery baby! This post reminds me of the day I received my Baby Center email that said "your baby is one week old today" and my mystery baby had not made her appearance yet!

    ReplyDelete