One-Yard Wonders projects

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Walk at the Capitol with My Boys

4:30 p.m. -- the sun was shining and I was raring for some exercise. I left work early, picked up the boys and took them to the Iowa Capitol grounds to enjoy the last half-hour of sunlight and warm weather before nightfall. We didn't wear our coats, though we probably should have. The boys ran around, rolled down hills, raced up the steps of monuments and secretly peed behind one... But that's another story.

Just one more work day until a vacation day and quilt fabric shopping! I've found a tie pattern for Mazy's Easter outfit, a vest pattern for Bo's Easter outfit and a couple of patterns for little Mister's or Miss's Easter outfit -- a sweet, ruffled dress with matching diaper cover or a dapper little vest with matching diaper cover. I'll make them both. The one we don't use can go into his/her baby box.

Baby name update! Baby name update! Today we decided we really didn't like either of the names we'd picked... So, we're changing! I like them, but they're not "the ones." I won't tell you the "reject" names because who knows if they may show up again. I doubt it though.We have a new boy's name picked out. But no new girl's name yet... I would like to keep with the spring theme though, especially for a girl. Any suggestions? Send them my way!

Let's see, I think that's about it. We had big salads tonight for dinner and let me tell you, little Bo Hanson was a lettuce- and veggie-eating machine! This is the second week in a row that he's eaten his salad with such gusto! Big brother Mazy is not as big a fan... But he eventually got it down. Bo was willing to eat most anything knowing that his dessert was fresh blueberries that Grandma B sent home!

No comments:

Post a Comment