- Monday -- Rotisserie chicken, rice pilaf, steamed veggies, fruit for dessert
- Tuesday -- Green salads with lots of veggies and tuna, soup or sandwich on the side, sliced apples with peanut butter
- Wednesday -- Tilapia filets, dressing, roasted fresh asparagus, oven rolls
- Thursday -- Yankee pot roast with carrots, potatoes and onions, fresh veggie tray
- Friday -- Whole wheat pasta, red sauce, homemade meatballs, steamed broccoli, popcorn/candy for dessert during Friday Movie Night
And finally, today was 64 degrees in Iowa! I went to Valley Junction for a 15-minute walk and then had a quick lunch at the General Store Deli -- split pea and ham soup, mmm, it was so good! The boys have been outside playing in the dark for the last half-hour, enjoying the final minutes of fresh, warm air. Tomorrow is to be in the 50s. Not sure about the rest of the week. But we'll enjoy it while we can!
Also, Mom and I planned our menu for the Super Bowl party on Sunday: baby burgers/sliders bar (all kinds of toppings to make your one-of-a-kind burger), oven fries, fruit kebabs, veggie tray, hot wings, bacon-wrapped shrimp, another appetizer I'll bring, and mini fruit pies and an ice cream sundae bar for dessert! We're having a "Diners/Drive-Ins/Dives" kind of theme this year!
OK, off to finish supper. Happy Monday!