One-Yard Wonders projects

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Big Steak Saturday!

Can I get a little applause, please? I just sorted and cleaned out three huge garbage bags of clothes, old curtains, bedding and towels from the storage area in our bedroom! And even better, Shawn and Mazy are taking them straight to Salvation Army so they will be out of our house for good!

And I sorted through all my winter sweaters and shirts (that I can't wear this winter) and put them into a big plastic bin so they're organized and ready for next year. Man, it feels great to begin some of these big organizing projects!

The storage area -- a strange quasi-closet at one end of our room, has no electricity and just a regular door. It's pretty dark and narrow. However, it's a big space that would be perfect for organizing the baby's stuff. As there is literally no where else for the poor babe's things to go... So my goal is to get it cleaned out, figure out some lighting and make that baby storage central.

Carnivore's Delight
Tonight is Shawn's work holiday party at Rube's Steakhouse in Montour, Iowa -- near Tama/Toledo. A Nevada girl is babysitting the boys at Shawn's parents' house. It's a bit of a drive, but Rube's is worth it if you're a carnivore. Rube's is a grill-your-own steakhouse place -- you choose the large slab of raw beef you want to eat and take it over to one of several huge grills to grill it to your liking. Fortunately, I have many good brothers-in-law who always offer to grill mine. There's also a salad bar and I think baked potatoes and bread. I haven't been there in many years but I'm excited to go back. In fact, the last time we were there, we might have been vegetarians! Ahhh, our youth. We didn't last long as vegetarians once we moved back to Iowa. As I recall, it was my pregnancy with Mazy that sent me back to proteins and red meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment