If I don't make a top 5 holiday wish list of fun activities to do with the boys, we're never going to do them. So here are some activities I'd like to do before Santa brings his gifts next week:
- Take the boys on the Holly Jolly Lights car tour through Water Works Park. Pack some snacks and drinks and the Charlie Brown Christmas CD.
- Make some Christmas cookies and chocolate-dipped pretzels with them and maybe some other holiday treats.
- Paint or color the wooden ball Christmas ornaments that Shawn found at Michael's. I love the tradition of having them make an ornament each year for the tree.
- Pop popcorn, put on warm jammies, drink sparkling apple cider and watch "A Christmas Story" as a family one weekend night.
- Have the boys write letters to Santa and deliver them to Santa at the mall. (I don't really want to do this b/c it is typically a horrifying experience... but I feel it is mandatory. They do enjoy riding the Christmas train at Merle Hay Mall and it is slightly less crowded than the other malls...
One of our daycare providers made this ornament of Bo when he was just 6 months old. What a cutie!