One-Yard Wonders projects

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Have Your Started Christmas Shopping?

I did it. We officially started shopping for Christmas today. I had some freetime during my lunch break and was already ordering some other items from Kohls.com so I decided to get a head start on some of my holiday shopping. And then Shawn ordered one of Bo's big gifts from Amazon.com. Quite a productive lunch hour!

Have you started your Christmas shopping yet? Do you have a budget? Are you usually able to stick to the budget? If you shop early, do you ever fall into the trap of buying more at the last minute because you think you need more? (We do....)

I have a little notebook I carry in my purse where I track every single person I need to buy for, what I've bought them and how much I've spent. That little notebook is extremely important! Without it, I would be lost...

Fortunately, Mazy and Bo are still very easy to buy for. We know everything that they love -- we know what's just a passing fad and what they truly like and want. And toys are relatively cheap compared to the electronics that so many older kids ask for! So we're enjoying these years of Batman and Legos.

One last question, about how much of your Christmas shopping do you do online? For us, it's probably close to 80 percent. Both Kohl's and Amazon offered free shipping today, and with Kohl's my 30% coupon saved me over $72 AND I got $30 in Kohl's bucks that I can spend beginning on Thursday. Sometimes it really pays to watch the online sales and deals!

No comments:

Post a Comment