One-Yard Wonders projects

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Does Anyone Else Hate Dark Mornings?

I'm like a plant. Sunshine perks me up and wakes me up each day. It seems unnatural to rise in the dark when the street lights are still on. I like rising when the sun is shining in through my windows, saying, "Wake up -- it's a beautiful day! You don't want to miss it."

Now, the only thing getting me out of bed is the alarm clock screaming across the dark room: "GET OUTTA BED! NOW! NOW! NOW!" It's not a pleasant way to greet the day.

Anyway, today is to be a spectacular Indian summer day -- highs nearly reaching 80s. Blue skies. Plenty of sunshine. Today is picture day at Mazy's school. I dressed him in navy blue shorts and an aqua/navy/gray/white striped polo shirt. He looks good in aqua and navy.

Today was also the day to take back all our fundraising materials for Bo's daycare. Thank you, thank you, thank you to all who bought candles and/or DSM entertainment books from him! Oh what the heck, you all deserve some public recognition: Belinda, Katy, Denise, Heidi, Grandma Maxine and me. Bo sold over $265 and will help his daycare/preschool buy four new computers and four Elmo overhead projectors (whatever those are).

We also sent back Bo's school picture order. He had some cute ones this time! Here are the proofs:


He's a photogenic little lad. I hated to dress him in browns, but he loves this outfit so much and he was NOT very cooperative the morning of photos as I recall. He looks good in brown, but he is a knockout in greens and blues! Next year, right?!

The big quilt show starts today at Wells Fargo arena! I am really looking forward to going on Friday!! And that's about all. Oh, this is week 14 of the pregnancy. I have an appointment with the midwives on Friday morning. Not sure when the ultrasound will be, but I'll keep you posted. We are definitely hoping to find out if it's a boy or a girl this time. We didn't find out with the boys and that surprise was so much fun!! But since this is the final child, we've decided to find out early. We'll keep the name a secret until he/she is born!

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment