One-Yard Wonders projects

Monday, September 26, 2011

$16 for a Bag of Apples!

I just ran out for a salad at lunch and decided to pick up a bag of the most delicious apples ever grown on the planet -- Honeycrisp. They were on sale for $3.89/lb or something, so I figured what the heck. Well what the heck indeed! At checkout that little ol' bag of apples cost $16!!!! Needless to say, we will be savoring every bite of them this week!

In other news, we had a great weekend at the farm. Saturday was wonderful at the Knapp's annual fall harvest party at their farm. The boys were in heaven -- bouncy house with other kids their age to bounce with. They were having so much fun with it that they didn't even want to go into the shed for the pinata or pumpkin carving activities! And Shawn and I spent the time catching up with my dear, dear friend Brenda -- she's one of the kids I went to preschool with all the way through college at Iowa State. We started off as enemies in elementary school but by the time high school arrived, she was one of my best friends. So it was great to see her and her adorable daughter. They live in Asheville, NC. Thanks to FB we keep up with each other fairly well, but nothing beats a reunion on the ol' family farm.

After that, we headed to my family farm where we spent the night and helped Mom get ready for Grandpa Pud's 88th birthday on Sunday. Mom did a big shrimp/sausage boil -- delicious! The weather was perfect and I think everyone had a great time. I've been saying this for weeks, but I really will get a ton of photos downloaded and up this week!

For one thing, I have a scrapbooking day with Mom in November that I need to start preparing for. I want to work on some albums for the boys for Christmas. They LOVE getting books about themselves and I love making them! I'm hoping to make a few other Christmas presents, too. And this Friday will be a great day to get some supplies and look for inspiration! I'm going to the American Quilter's Society Quilt Show with my mother- and sisters-in-law. I took the day off and I can't wait to go with them!

Guess I better get back to work. I hope you're all enjoying fall and have a great week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment