One-Yard Wonders projects

Monday, July 11, 2011

This Is My 300th Post!

It's noon. It's hot. And I'm thankful for my air-conditioned cube. Sometimes it's very nice to have an office job....

So I noticed that this is my 300th blog entry! Whoohoo! Too bad I don't have something more momentous to say in it.

Although I do have a new "life dream" that I'm working toward. I want a lake house! I want a little retreat in a wooded area with some cool water near it. I want to escape the city on the weekends to go relax in a hammock with a good book while the boys swim and canoe and explore the woods. And I want it to be close enough that we can use it year-round -- Thanksgiving at the cabin! Making Christmas cookies in the cabin! Celebrating the first weekend of spring at the cabin!

I just want a little place where we'll make memories together. So I'm starting to save for it now. It may take me 20 years. I don't care. It doesn't look like my dream of moving to the country is happening, but darn it, I will have a little lake house one day!

In other news, here are a few photos from Bo's 3rd birthday party with Shawn's side of the family. I truly adore the motorcycle photo. It scares the crap out of me, but I love the look of pure joy in Bo's eyes when he sat on that Harley! The strapping young blonde man is our nephew Nick. He's a police officer in training and also a volunteer firefighter and paramedic and an all-around super swell young man.

While this photo is quite self-explanatory, it is worth noting that it took Bo nearly 2 minutes to blow out his candles. He kept blowing straight upward -- so his cowlick kept flying up and down, but the candles remained lit. It was hilarious!

 I made this one big because I wanted you to see that little face -- the picture doesn't do justice to how excited he was about this motorcycle... 

 Opening presents!

And eating cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment