One-Yard Wonders projects

Friday, July 22, 2011

Chili Dogs and a Movie

Just finished a supper of chili dogs, baked French fries and steamed veggies. Now we'll finish the Batman movie Shawn ordered for Bo and get him off to bed. And then tonight's feature event: Diary of a Wimpy Kid Part 2. I'm looking forward to it.

Hot, hot, hot and humid today. It did rain quite a bit last night, which we needed. It's nice not to have to water the garden every other day. The tomatoes are looking awesome! I don't know if the pumpkins will grow enough to amount to much, but they are increasing in size each day. The watermelon did not amount to anything. The peppers are looking pretty good, and the sweet potatoes have gone wild! There vines have completely covered the area where I planted them. And the eggplants are looking good -- lots of blossoms about a week ago.

Today I spent the afternoon at the Children's Cancer Connection -- our quarterly chartity event for our work. We were helping them get ready for summer camp. My job was laminating 121 name tags, cross-checking the names against the master list, checking to make sure the cabin assignments were correct and then alphabetizing them. It's a pretty cool organization and I was happy to help out anyway I could. And the lamination machine was fun!

Weekend plans: niece Tori's birthday tomorrow night in Nevada. I'm trying to talk Shawn into a matinee of Harry Potter Pt. 8 tomorrow with Mazy. Bo could nap at his grandparents while we went to it. Don't know if I've talked Shawn into it, but I'm still trying!

Sunday we will head to Panora for the visitation for my great aunt Elaine Barnett. The funeral is on Monday. I don't know yet if I will be attending it. I would like to.

And that's the news. Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment