One-Yard Wonders projects

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day from Minneapolis!

Greetings from downtown Minneapolis!

Mom and I just returned from quite possibly the greatest Mother's Day feast ever... And most definitely the most expensive... I won't tell you the price (Shawn might faint when he reads it) but it was the top seafood restaurant in town, if that gives you an idea. It happens to be conveniently located here at the Hyatt Regency where we are staying. 

It's called, The Oceanaire Seafood Room and it was truly an extravagant and delicious way to celebrate motherhood. We lamented that Heidi was not here to join us. Otherwise, it was a perfect ending to a great Mother's Day.

Here's a quick recap:
  • 5 a.m. -- Mazy joined us in bed.
  • 7 a.m. -- Bo joined us in bed.
  • 7:05 a.m. -- Bo talked nonstop until I elbowed Shawn several times and not-so-discreetly reminded him it was Mother's Day and he should let me sleep.
  • 8 a.m. I got out of bed and went downstairs.
  • 8:05 a.m. I realize Shawn is not cooking me breakfast..... The coffee wasn't even started!
  • 8:10 to 9 a.m. We all watched Batman cartoons.
  • 9 a.m. I begin cooking breakfast. Loudly. 
  • 9:30 a.m. I tell Shawn he better come help. (or else)
  • 10 a.m. We eat late breakfast.
  • 11:30 a.m. We all pile into the Ford Taurus rental car and take a sunny drive to Downtown Des Moines. What a beautiful day! The boys were ultra excited to ride in a four-door car with electric windows! 
  • 12 p.m. After dropping off the registration and $50 deposit at Bo's new daycare, we had lunch at La Hacienda Mexican restaurant, which was not crowded at all. :) It was delicious and the boys were in such good moods and so well behaved.
  • 1:45 p.m. Return to our home where Mom was waiting on the backsteps. We loaded up her luggage, kissed the boys goodbye, took a Mother's Day picture of me and them, said goodbye again, kissed them again and departed for Minneapolis at 2:30 p.m.
  • 5 p.m. Stopped at an Outlet Mall for 1 hour of power shopping. I got some great clothes on sale for me and the boys!
  • 7 p.m. Arrived at hotel in downtown Minneapolis.
  • 7:45 p.m. Called Mazy and read him one chapter out of a Goosebumps book.
  • 8 p.m. Dinner at the fancy restaurant.
  • 10 p.m. Checking email, blogging and about to start a project for work (boo!). 
Hope you all had a delightful weekend. Big news tomorrow, my cousin Cody and his wife Rachel will welcome a son into the world!!! Can't wait to see pics of little Sam. I'll be thinking of them all day long. I'll have my laptop at the conference so check back for updates. Bye!


No comments:

Post a Comment