One-Yard Wonders projects

Monday, May 9, 2011

Content Strategy By Day, Gelato Sampler at Night

Nine-and-half hours of content strategy today. It was great! The Confab conference is really interesting and fun. I've met people from Lansing, San Francisco, Vancouver, Atlanta, Cedar Rapids, somewhere England, Faribault, St. Paul, Charleston, somewhere Italy and more. Lots of tattoos. Pink hair. Facial piercings. And smart phones as far as the eye can see. Except for me: I still have my "old fashioned" cell phone.

After the conference, I relaxed for a few minutes and then Mom and I hit the street outside our hotel for a stroll down Nicollet Ave. in search of dinner. There are tons of options within just a few blocks. Tonight we chose Zelo -- an Italian restaurant with lots of local products. I ordered the wild mushroom and chicken risotto. Yum! Very good. I also had a small gelato sampler for dessert -- lemon, vanilla and strawberry. Served with a butter cookie. Perfect dessert!

Well, it wasn't as good as last night's banana cream pie -- which was the king of all banana cream pies. It wasn't even a pie really, more like a delicious cloud of homemade whipped cream, homemade vanilla pudding, buttery pastry and a whole banana that was carmelized in rum. Oh man. It was awesome. I never would have thought banana cream pie could be so good.

Oh, and I nearly forgot! Congrats to Cody and Rachel and new baby Sam! So happy he arrived healthy and beautiful. Can't wait to see more pics of that cute little guy! And congrats to new Grandma Cindy and Grandpa Dave and best aunts in the world Jordan and Logan!

11:22 p.m. update: My Mother's Day present arrived tonight! Shawn surprised me by taking the boys to Sears to get their pictures taken!!! I've been wanting to get this done for months and months and I'm so excited we have new pics of them! And look how happy and smiley they were! Thank you Shawn!! Thank you boys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment