One-Yard Wonders projects

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

All-You-Can-Eat-Sushi Night

Hokey? Perhaps. Awesome? Most definitely.

Picture this: You walk into a touristy-type Japanese restaurant. The guy at the front says, "teppenyaki or sushi bar?" Oh, we want sushi please. We don't need to sit with some strangers and make small talk while your chef throws shrimp around.

Anyway, the guy sent us across a little wooden bridge, up a few steps and ... into sushi paradise.

Mom and I sat down around a big table. In the center was a sushi creation station with two chefs. In front of our seats was a small river with a never-ending convoy of wooden boats, chained together, holding precious sushi cargo. I'm not joking. It was a floating sushi buffet! How weird and wonderful is that??

Each boat held five little plates with one sushi or roll on each. You simply reached up, grabbed the plates that interested you and ate away. It was really cool! They also brought you hot appetizers, drinks, ice cream for dessert. It was a great way to try all kinds of new fish and things that I probably wouldn't have ordered off the menu.

The entire time I was thinking how much the boys would have loved it!! Mazy especially would have been in heaven. Sushi boats. Seriously, the boy would have been jazzed.

OK, enough food talk. I'm waiting for Shawn and the boys to get back home so I can read Mazy his bedtime story and then Mom and I can go down to the bar for a drink. It's a nice night but the sky is a bit foreboding looking and thunderstorms are predicted.

One more day to go. We'll head back to DSM tomorrow night at 5 when my conference ends. I hate the thought of driving through rush-hour traffic but oh well. I can't wait to see my three men again!

No comments:

Post a Comment